Why Dental Implants?
Many patients consider a bridge or dentures to replace one or multiple missing teeth. A bridge might be a quick fix for a missing tooth, but it isn’t nearly as cosmetically appealing as a dental implant, nor is it as beneficial for your overall mouth health. Dentures are also temporary and often need to be replaced; they also come with several inconveniences.
Dental implants, on the other hand, emulate the natural mechanics of a tooth and root structure, meaning the implant stimulates the bone in your mouth and fuses more securely. Unlike dentures and bridges, dental implants don’t lead to jawbone deterioration that can lead to further complications, such as periodontal disease, sinus problems, teeth shifting and more.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Appearance: Implants can be customized to match an exact shade and shape, meaning they give you an improved smile that’s indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
- Function: Due to their stable design and durable materials, implants come with no diet restrictions and allow you to speak normally.
- Convenience: You can care for your dental implants like you would your natural teeth, unlike dentures that require special maintenance.
- Comfort: Dentures can slip or fit improperly in the mouth, causing discomfort. Dental implants feel as comfortable as natural teeth.
- Self-esteem: You’ll gain the confidence to smile in pictures again with dental implants, as people likely won’t even be able to tell you have them.
Our Dental Implant Options
If you’re missing most or all of your teeth, you’ll be happy to know that we offer several solutions to give you a new, permanent smile. Whether you need one or two arches, here are the options we offer:
- Two-implant overdenture: More stable than traditional dentures, this option secures an overdenture to your mouth via two permanent implants, eliminating the risk of dentures falling out and improving chewing ability.
- All-on-4®: A Dr. Jivraj specialty, the All-on-4® treatment concept replace your entire arch with a prosthesis secure to your mouth via four implants. The tilted design of the implants provides unmatched stability and bone stimulation, while the prosthesis looks natural and beautiful.
The Dental Implant Process
The dental implant process involves a surgical procedure, but thanks to anesthesia, patients usually don’t experience any discomfort. During the surgery, a titanium implant is inserted into the jaw. A crown is then placed on the implant, appearing as natural as your real teeth. When inserted into the bone, the dental implant emulates the tooth and root system that your body naturally has in place. In fact, there is no other procedure that acts as close to the real thing in the field of dental surgeries. The implant looks, feels and functions just like the real thing, which means you get the comfort and joy of having a natural looking, healthy smile.