Dental Implants Oxnard, CA
Losing one or more teeth has a direct impact on your lifestyle. Whether because of poor maintenance, trauma, disease or another reason, tooth loss is immediately noticeable, even if it is just one tooth.
For patients in Oxford, CA, dental implants are often the perfect solution, giving you immediately improved appearance and function. As one of the most trained dentists in Ventura County, Dr. Jivraj’s years of experience and impeccable skill allow him to perform dental implants with superior precision and success.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial teeth that feel, appear and function as your permanent natural teeth. Dental implants replace missing teeth by mimicking nature as closely as possible.
Dental implants are surgically implanted into a patient’s mouth to replace teeth that are either missing or are too damaged to sustain further use. If you are currently in dentures, you can consider full-mouth dental implants that replace your dentures with fixed teeth in a day.
At Anacapa Aesthetic, dental implants typically consist of titanium, stainless steel, or zirconia endosteal posts that are embedded in a patient’s jawbone, or—in the case of subperiosteal implants—just above the bone and below the gum tissue.
Why Should You Consider Dental Implants?
Many patients consider a bridge or dentures to replace one or multiple missing teeth. A bridge might be a quick fix for a missing tooth, but it isn’t nearly as cosmetically appealing nor functionally as good as a dental implant, nor is it as beneficial for your overall mouth health. Dentures are also temporary, often need to be replaced, and can be inconvenient.
Dental implants, on the other hand, emulate the natural mechanics of a tooth and root structure, meaning the implant stimulates the bone in your mouth and fuses more securely. Unlike dentures and bridges, dental implants do not lead to jawbone deterioration, which can produce further complications, including periodontal disease, sinus problems, teeth shifting, and more.
Losing a tooth can be devastating, since it affects the way you look, but also because it can lead to oral problems that may affect your health and prevent you from smiling with confidence. Prompt replacement of missing teeth with dental Implants prevents health consequences such as:
• Bone loss
• Shifting and drifting of the teeth
• Bite alterations
• Jaw joint problems
• Difficulty in chewing properly
• Sinus complications
• Other dental related problems
• Periodontal disease
At Anacapa Dental Art Institute, we can provide dental implants the same day. You literally wake up to new teeth and a renewed smile in one single visit.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Appearance: Implants can be customized to match an exact shade and shape, meaning they give you an improved smile that’s indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
- Function: Due to their stable design and durable materials, implants come with no diet restrictions and allow you to speak normally.
- Convenience: You can care for your dental implants like you would your natural teeth, unlike dentures that require special maintenance.
- Comfort: Dentures can slip or fit improperly in the mouth, causing discomfort. Dental implants feel as comfortable as natural teeth.
- Self-esteem: You’ll gain the confidence to smile in pictures again with dental implants, as people likely won’t even be able to tell you have them.
Our Dental Implant Options
If you’re missing most or all of your teeth, you’ll be happy to know that we offer several solutions to give you a new, permanent smile. Whether you need one or two arches, here are the options we offer:
- Two-implant overdenture: More stable than traditional dentures, this option secures an overdenture to your mouth via two permanent implants, eliminating the risk of dentures falling out and improving chewing ability.
- All-on-4®: A Dr. Jivraj specialty, the All-on-4® treatment concept replace your entire arch with a prosthesis secure to your mouth via four implants. The tilted design of the implants provides unmatched stability and bone stimulation, while the prosthesis looks natural and beautiful.
The Dental Implant Process
The dental implant process involves a surgical procedure, but thanks to anesthesia, patients usually don’t experience any discomfort. During the surgery, a titanium implant is inserted into the jaw. A crown is then placed on the implant, appearing as natural as your real teeth. When inserted into the bone, the dental implant emulates the tooth and root system that your body naturally has in place. In fact, there is no other procedure that acts as close to the real thing in the field of dental surgeries. The implant looks, feels and functions just like the real thing, which means you get the comfort and joy of having a natural looking, healthy smile.
Anacapa Dental Art Institute is the premier Oxnard dentist office for your needs, being the expert prosthodontist center that patients and even other dentists rely on for superior dental care. We are known for our state-of-the-art dental work and our professional, talented and caring team. If you are in need of any of our services, feel free to call to set up a private consultation. During this time, Dr. Jivraj will assess your condition and educate you on which treatment options are the best under the circumstances. In this complimentary consultation, we will discuss your dental health concerns and goals in a comfortable and relaxed environment where there will never be pressure for you do anything that you aren’t excited about.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT, PLEASE CALL US AT
Our Team Looks Forward to Welcoming You to
Anacapa Dental Art Institute
We’re proud to help everyone achieve the smile of their dreams. We’re located in Oxnard and serve the surrounding communities including Santa Barbara, Ventura, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Woodland Hills, Simi Valley, Calabasas, Port Hueneme, Malibu, and Westlake Village.