Have you ever thought about replacing your missing teeth with dental implants, only to be told by your dentist that you’re not a candidate for them because you don’t have enough healthy bone in your mouth? Disappointing, isn’t it?
Well, you’ll be happy to know that there actually is a dental implant solution for patients who aren’t candidates for traditional dental implants. It’s called a Zygomatic Dental Implant. Dr. Jivraj can help you get this confident new smile no matter the condition of your bone.
What Are Zygomatic Implants?
Zygomatic implants get their name from the fact they are placed near zygoma bone, which is denser than regular jawbone. There are two main differences between Zygomatic Dental Implants and Regular Dental Implants:
• The length of the implant: Zygomatic dental implants are usually much longer than traditional implants.
• The placement of the implant: Traditional implants are drilled directly into the upper jawbone, while zygomatic implants anchor closer to zygoma bone.
Why Zygomatic Implants?
These implants were created as an alternative to traditional dental implants for patients who don’t have the required amount of healthy bone in their upper jaw. They’re also an alternative to bone grafting, which takes bone from other parts of your mouth to use as support for your dental implant.
How Zygomatic Implants Work
The procedure for Zygomatic dental implants is very similar to the process for traditional dental implants, but with a different placement location, no need for any extensive bone grafting and a shorter healing time. First, there is surgery to attach the implant to the zygoma bone, followed by a healing period of approximately four months in length. Once your mouth is healed, the permanent crown can be placed and the procedure is finished.
Benefits of Zygomatic Implants
There are several reasons why Zygomatic dental implants are the best missing tooth solution for some patients. Here are a few of them:
– No need for bone grafting: Zygomatic implants don’t require any bone grafting to securely attach to the jawbone in your mouth.
– More patients are candidates: Patients who don’t have enough healthy bone in their mouth for traditional implants can still get Zygomatic implants
– Shorter healing time: Zygomatic implants take about four months to heal, compared to six months or more for traditional dental implants with bone grafting.
– Comparable success rate to traditional dental implants: Both have around a 98% success rate.
If you’re interested in learning more about Zygomatic dental implants, schedule a consultation with us today!
About Your Oxnard, CA Cosmetic Dentist:
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Jivraj contact our Oxnard, CA, dental office today by calling 805-988-3317. Our office welcomes patients in and around Oxnard, CA, including Santa Barbara, Woodland Hills, Ventura, and the surrounding Southern California communities.
Our Team Looks Forward to Welcoming You to
Anacapa Dental Art Institute
We’re proud to help everyone achieve the smile of their dreams. We’re located in Oxnard and serve the surrounding communities including Santa Barbara, Ventura, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Woodland Hills, Simi Valley, Calabasas, Port Hueneme, Malibu, and Westlake Village.