Have you been advised against having dental implant treatment? If so, don’t give up hope just yet! With zygomatic implants, we may be able to offer you a brilliant alternative.
What Are Zygomatic Implants?
Zygomatic implants are a new alternative that avoids grafting and sinus lift procedures, and therefore contribute to a shorter and more comfortable treatment. These implants are anchored in the upper jawbone, which is close to the dense zygoma bone (cheek bone).
Zygomatic Implants are much longer in comparison with traditional implants, which are drilled directly into the jawbone.
Zygomatic Implants take the anchorage from the zygoma bone, which is denser in quality and more cortical in nature than posterior maxillary bone, and is found in the back part of the upper jaw.
One of the main goals of these type of implants is provide a secure foundation for people with deteriorated jaws who cannot undergo a traditional implant surgery.
The Benefits of Zygomatic Implants
- A minimally invasive procedure means more comfort and shorter recovery times. Because the majority of patients will not require a bone graft, the procedure is less painful than traditional implant procedures and has quicker healing times.
- Same day smile. Patients do not have to wait for the mouth or gums to heal before the permanent teeth are affixed
- Immediate results. Patients leave with fully functioning teeth that are attached to the implant on the day of the procedure.
- Graftless procedure eliminates need for painful and invasive block bone grafting and sinus lift bone grafting.
- Optimizes the time needed to achieve complete upper jaw restoration.
- The strength and length of the implants allow for placement in upper jaw.
- A single extra-long zygomatic dental implant is the equivalent of 3-4 regular dental implants.
- Painless procedure performed under IV sedation while patient is asleep.
- Cost effective alternative to traditional dental implants.
- Can be inserted as Double Zygomatic implants or “quad zygomatics” on each side of the upper jaw, shortening the healing time as compared to bone grafting.
- Necessary tooth extractions, Zygomatic Implants and the permanent fixed bridge can be completed in the same visit.
If you like the sound of zygomatic implants, you have missing upper teeth, and you’ve been told that you’re not a suitable candidate for conventional dental implants, why not get in touch? We can arrange a complimentary consultation, tell you all about zygomatic implants and see if you’re a good match for this type of implant.
Schedule Your Own Private Consultation with Dr. J
Anacapa Dental Art Institute is proud of their dedicated service to Ventura County. Lead by world-renowned top cosmetic prosthodontist Dr. Jivraj and his expert staff, Anacapa has the expertise and facility to handle whatever your cosmetic dental situation may be. Whether it’s a tooth whitening or a full mouth reconstruction, expect nothing but some of the best dental care Ventura County has available.
Call today for a private consultation. Renew your smile, renew your life.
About Your Oxnard, CA Cosmetic Dentist:
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Jivraj contact our Oxnard, CA, dental office today by calling 805-988-3317. Our office at 2821 N Ventura Road, Oxnard, CA 93036 welcomes patients in and around Oxnard, CA, including Santa Barbara, Woodland Hills, Ventura, and the surrounding Southern California communities.
Like this article? Be sure to share this with your family and friends through Facebook and Twitter!
Our Team Looks Forward to Welcoming You to
Anacapa Dental Art Institute
We’re proud to help everyone achieve the smile of their dreams. We’re located in Oxnard and serve the surrounding communities including Santa Barbara, Ventura, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Woodland Hills, Simi Valley, Calabasas, Port Hueneme, Malibu, and Westlake Village.