Did you know smiling releases endorphins into your system, which leaves you feeling euphoric and full of positive energy. Endorphins are the reason why you probably feel less stressed when happy and smiling. Smiling also lowers blood pressure and boosts the immune system. In addition, smiling acts as a powerful social unifier, as it is a known expression across languages and countries.
If you’re afraid to smile, this social phenomenon may be your worst nightmare. You could be embarrassed due to missing, broken, or decayed teeth and avoid smiling at all costs. According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, the number of Americans who are missing all of their teeth in one or both of their jaws is staggering: more than 30 million Americans are reported to be in this category. If you have lost your smile, we can help you find it again through dental implants.
Dental implants look and function just like natural teeth and are often favored over removable dentures or partial restorations due to their permanence and ease of use. Dental implants are secure and permanently fixed to the mouth, which is convenient for those who do not want to worry about the hassle of removable dentures.
We can restore a single tooth with an implant and implant crown, restore two adjacent teeth with an implant retained bridge, and also restore edentulous mouths with supported or fixed partial and complete dentures. Each patient’s implant treatment is individualized and performed by a Smile Design expert Dr. Saj Jivraj. Oftentimes, mini implants can be used to stabilize a denture, and if you have lost all of your teeth on an arch, we can achieve the ultimate in stability and biting strength with hybrid over dentures fixed on as few as four dental implants.
The Many Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the gold standard of care today for replacing missing teeth because of their many benefits.
- They provide the opportunity for having a “fixed” prosthetic tooth, bridge, or denture that is immobile and does not have to be removed to be cleaned. This is more functionally stable and comfortable. So comfortable, in fact, that you may come to think of your prosthetic teeth as your own natural ones.
- Dental implants restore fully functional chewing, digestion, and speech. Denture slipping and discomfort are eliminated. You will be able to eat all the foods you enjoy. You will be able to drink all day long without fear of loosening your denture.
- One or more missing teeth can be replaced without affecting adjacent teeth. In comparison, dental bridges require modification of adjacent teeth in order to anchor the bridge on crowns. In the case of removable partial dentures, clasps and repeated removal and reattachment can damage healthy teeth.
- Dental implants stimulate bone tissue growth, much like natural tooth roots. When implants are in the jaw bone, bone resorption is halted, and this preserves your jaw structure and overall facial appearance. Bone resorption is a primary reason why removable dentures need to be refitted every few years. A dental implant retained denture can last the rest of your life.
- Restoring missing teeth immediately with dental implants will also prevent teeth from shifting into missing tooth space. This will prevent joint pain and worsening bite problems associated with the resultant unnatural occlusion.
- Dental implants will restore a confident, youthful smile!
In a world that is constantly evolving and becoming increasingly congested with everyday stressors, shouldn’t your smile be the last thing you need to worry about? You shouldn’t have to suffer from the agony of oral health issues, and you should always feel comfortable and confident in your smile. Your smile has the ability to make a lasting impression—it should make the right impression that you feel good about!
If you have questions about dental implants or would like more information on the dental implant process, please contact Anacapa Dental Art Institute located in Oxnard, CA to schedule a complimentary implant consultation. We will evaluate and determine the treatment plan and method that is just right for you!